Pioneer Research Award
Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- (a) I hold a full-time or affiliated post with an established EU-based clinical or research institute named below (EU countries and WHO associated countries).
- (b) I have demonstrable prior experience in the conduct of clinical research in the field of ophthalmology.
- (c) I am familiar and experienced with the administrative, insurance and regulatory requirements for the conduct of EU-based clinical research studies.
- (d) I understand that Expressions-of-Interest will be evaluated by the ESCRS Research Committee (including other independent peer reviewers) who will generate a short-list of applicants to be invited to make a full comprehensive research proposal. I understand that all decisions on Expressions-of-Interest and/or short-listed proposals made by the ESCRS shall be final and no correspondence will be entered on any matters arising from any the Pioneer Research Awards.
- (e) I confirm that I am the author of the application and I have been a member of the ESCRS for at least three (3) years and my ESCRS membership number is included on my Expression-of-Interest submission.
*The study should identify which type of human study to be used: non-interventional study, low intervention clinical trial, observational study, other; is it to use a medicinal product, medical device, diagnostic device. If known, please provide the details, for example, Regulation (EU) No. 536/20141 or Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on Medical Devices (MDR)2, or other (give explanation).
If any of the required information is omitted, an entry will not be evaluated.
Any queries prior to submission of a Pioneer Award Expression-of-Interest application should be directed to the Clinical Trials Research team via the ESCRS Secretariat: email@example.com.