ESCRS Basic Cataract Surgery Tutorial Course – 2022
Meeting is now Full
Instructors: Roberto Bellucci, Sorcha Ní Dhubhghaill, Richard Packard
ESCRS is organizing the 2022 edition of the Basic Cataract Surgery Tutorial Course
The Basic Cataract Surgery Tutorial Course is an on-line initiative to help young surgeons develop an expert approach to cataract surgery.
The initiative is directed to those who have performed at least a few surgeries so that they can share their own experiences, difficulties and hurdles with experts that can help.
The initiative comprises:
- A first zoom meeting to introduce the group, to know each-other, to understand the teaching needs.
- ilearn cataract course provided to the trainees
- A chat line for questions & answers to the experts
- 3 monthly zoom meetings (July, August) to exchange problems, doubts, solutions.
- Wet-lab courses to be taken by the group at the annual congress in Milan
- A welcome reception in Milan
- A diploma stating the successful accomplishment of the course
Trainees are expected to:
- Attend the on-line meetings
- Undertake the ilearn cataract course
- Question the teacher(s) about any aspect of cataract surgery, by using the chat
- Post videos asking for suggestions (into the chat or elsewhere)
- Attend Milan for the final parts of the course.
The initiative the year 2022 3 groups of 8 doctors/residents will be accepted.
The participation fee is €200+VAT, this includes the wet lab fee, webinars and reception in Milan.
Please note: you will need to register and pay for the congress to be able to get in and follow the Wetlab (even though the Wetlab itself will be free).
Questions should be sent to Vanessa McCourt at the following address: email@example.com
Education Committee Chairman
Education Committee Member