CALLING ALL TRAINEES – WE WANT YOUR VIDEOS
Young Ophthalmologists Programme
The Young Ophthalmologists Programme will include video cases submitted by Young Ophthalmologists and discussed with the expert panellists on a virtual platform.
Terms & Conditions
- You must send an abstract with your video including:
- Full name
- Affiliation (where the video case was recorded)
- Topic (from the list below which your video relates to)
- Brief description of your case
- When describing the video in your abstract please highlight the most interesting part of your video keeping in mind the topic you have chosen to submit your video in
- Please submit your video(s) for consideration on one of the following topics:
- You must ensure to choose a theme from the options given. All videos and abstracts will be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by members of the ESCRS Programme Committee. The decision of the committee is final. This year the most educational video will be awarded complimentary registration for the virtual Winter Meeting. The winner will be contacted in December.
- The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 cases
- All video submissions must be surgical
- Only one video author per video submission is permitted
- If your video is accepted for presentation, you are thereby giving permission for the video to be shown during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme at the 25th ESCRS Virtual Winter Meeting 2021. You will be invited to join the session for live a discussion.
- You will also need to be a registered delegate and pay the appropriate fees for the Winter Meeting and be present during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme on Saturday 20 February 2021. There are reduced registration fees for trainees
- Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of videos in the Young Ophthalmologists Programme.
1. One of my first operations
2. Tackling more risky cases
All Submitted Videos must be edited as follows:
- The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 case
- The high resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration highlighting your chosen topic
- Once your video is cut to no more than 3 minutes there should be no editing to the section of video you have chosen to submit
- The recommended resolution is: Full HD (1920x1080)
- Presentation slides, sound, or grafts are NOT permitted in the video
- Do not use fast forward in your video
- Do not write anything on the video including titles or comments
- If your video is accepted you may be required to add voiceover but you will be contacted again about this
How Submit Your Video:
- Send your video files to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, video title, affiliation, the topic your video relates to and a brief description of the case.
- The high resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration,highlighting your chosen topic. If your video file is very large please submit using https://www.wetransfer.com/
- (Simply ‘Add files’, add the above email address and in the ‘message section’ Identify your name, the topic your name, video title, affiliation, the topic your video relates to and a brief description of the case)