Official ESCRS | European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
Vienna 2018 Delegate Registration Programme Exhibition Virtual Exhibition Satellites 2018 Survey


escrs app advert


Search Title by author or title

12 month outcomes of safety, efficacy, and stability of central corneal regularisation (CCR) with corneal cross-linking for treatment of keratoconus

Poster Details

First Author: A.Zafar GREECE

Co Author(s):    I. Aslanides   G. Mule   A. Stojanovic   S. Vasilis           

Abstract Details


We report 12 months outcomes on the safety, efficacy and stability of central corneal regularization with corneal cross-linking for the treatment of Keratoconus.


Multicentre Study.


Central Corneal Regularization was performed on twenty-four (24) eyes of twenty-two (22) keratoconic patients using the iRes laser platform (iVIS Technology, Taranto, Italy) combined with corneal cross-linking (CXL) of standard energy (5.4 J/cm2). For the CCR, high definition corneal elevation maps were acquired with a Precisio HD tomographer (iVIS Technology, Taranto, Italy). Treatments were planned using the CCR mode of the CIPTA software (iVIS Technology, Taranto, Italy) and the optical zones used were between 0.46mm and 6.30mm and a transition zone was created.


In terms of safety, 16% of patients had no change in their CDVA while the rest 84% gained 2 or more Snellen lines. In addition, 63.5% of the patients had a post-operative refractive astigmatism ranging from 0.00 D to -1.00D while pre-operatively only 8% of them fitted in that. Moreover, Kmax changed from an average value of 51.38D pre-operatively to 48.70 D.


CCR creates a more regular corneal surface by reducing the elevation of the cone and smoothening the overall corneal surface. Overall, creating a relatively small optical zone with a big transition zone seems to offer a very good corneal smoothness that leads to very good results in terms of CDVA

Financial Disclosure:


Back to Poster listing