Booth Space Reservation
The 37th Congress of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) will take place from Saturday 14 September until Wednesday 18 September 2019. The associated Exhibition will take place from Saturday 14 September until Tuesday 17 September. To reserve booth space please click on the Book Booth Space link below and create a new Exhibitor Account on the Paris Exhibitor Resource Centre (ERC). Valid credit card details are required to complete the registration process but the card will not be charged automatically. Bookings submitted without credit card details will not be processed.
A 25% deposit is required to secure the space and must be submitted to ESCRS within 7 days of completing the booth space registration process. An email confirmation will automatically be issued when registration is completed and will include payment information. Companies with outstanding balances from previous meetings must clear all amounts due before a new application can be processed. All bookings must be submitted via the Paris ERC, verbal or written applications will not be accepted. Bookings submitted without credit card details will not be processed. Companies wishing to have adjacent or shared spaces must submit their requests during the booking process as it may not be possible to facilitate requests submitted at a later date.
Once the registration process has been completed and space has been reserved you will have entered into a contract with ESCRS. Please note all cancellation policies carefully and print a copy of each page of the application for your records.
Shell schemes, furniture, fittings and other services will be available to hire at additional cost, if required and must be ordered on-line via the ESCRS Paris ERC.
*NEW ACCOUNT REQUIRED FOR EACH NEW ESCRS MEETING!
For all enquiries relating to the exhibition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booth space rental: €700 (plus VAT if applicable) per square metre (space only)
- Optional extras: Available on-line from April 2019
Booth Space rental includes:
- 1. Space only
- 2. Corporate Listing on the ESCRS website & the congress app
- 3. Corporate Listing in the final programme
- 4. Complimentary pro-rata Exhibitor badge allocation
- 5. One Priority Point per €1,000 spent on booth space rental
Booth space rental is €700 (plus VAT if applicable) per square metre, on a space only basis. If required, shell schemes, furniture, fittings and other services will be available to hire at additional cost, details of which will be available from April 2019.
- A 25% deposit is due on or before 18 January 2019
- Full booth space payment is due by 31 March 2019
- In the event that full payment has not been received by 31 March 2019, the Organiser reserves the right to re-allocate booth space and apply the cancellation policy.
- An additional 100 Priority Points will be allocated to companies which submit 100% of the booth space balance by the 18 January 2019 deposit deadline.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
Notification of cancellation of booth space must be submitted to the ESCRS Exhibition Department in writing and will only be deemed accepted once written acknowledgement has been confirmed. Upon cancellation of booth space all associated services will be withdrawn, including Exhibitor badges and meeting rooms.
- If notification of cancellation is received prior to 18 January 2019 no cancellation fee will apply.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 18 January but prior to 31 March 2019 a 25% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been received or not.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 31 March 2019 but prior to 30 June 2019 a 50% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been received or not.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 30 June 2019 a 100% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been submitted or not.
- This cancellation policy also applies in the event of part cancellation or reduction of booth space.
In the event that outstanding cancellation balances are not submitted within 30 days, these will be charged to the credit card registered to the ERC account. This also applies to all optional extras and exhibition related services ordered.
Allocation of Space
Exhibition space will be assigned in April 2019 and confirmation of booth space locations will be emailed once the allocations have been completed. Please note that requests for placement near or away from other exhibiting companies may limit booth space positioning. Booth space allocations will only be issued once the full booth space payment has been received.
Rules and Regulations
The Organiser is the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS). The Exhibitor is the company that completes and submits the application for booth space. All communications regarding exhibition space must be channelled through the ESCRS Exhibition Department and orders for exhibition space will only be accepted online via the Paris Exhibitor Resource Centre (ERC).
Alterations in the Regulations
The Organiser reserves the right to alter the present regulations with immediate effect in the event that orders from the Authorities or other compelling reasons might make it necessary to do so.
Alteration of Location and Size of Booths
The Organiser shall be entitled to alter the space rented by the Exhibitor and to undertake limitations of the rented area. Such limitations can only be made against a corresponding reduction of the booth space rental but shall not render the Organiser liable to pay compensation.
Furthermore, the Organiser shall be entitled, within thirty days after the receipt of the online application and deposit, without assigning any reason and without incurring liability to damage, to cancel the lease entered into against reimbursing any booth rental paid at the time of cancellation. Exhibitors are not permitted to sublet their booth space or lend it to a third party in part or in whole. Exhibitors may not exchange booth spaces without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
All Exhibitors are required to have Public / General Liability insurance with a minimum Limit of Indemnity of 2 Million Euro in order to participate in the Meeting and associated Exhibition. The Exhibitor shall be liable for personal injury and damage to property caused by the Exhibitor, his or her servants or agents, or by his or her equipment and activities. All Risks cover against damage and theft to the Exhibitors own property, and also to property rented/leased by the Exhibitor, shall also be arranged by each Exhibitor. Cover shall also be arranged for injury to exhibitors own employees, where applicable. Exhibitors shall ensure that any subcontractors engaged by them have similar and commercially reasonable insurances in place. It is the responsibility of each Exhibitor to ensure that they have the required insurance policies in place and the ESCRS is only responsible for damages arising from the willful neglect of it's permanent staff.
NB: Each Exhibitor is responsible for ensuring that they have the required level of insurance in place and all relevant documentation must be available for inspection on-site at the booth.
In the case of war, terrorism, immobilisation, strike, lockout, fire, regulations of the authorities or other circumstances beyond the control of the Organiser, which might render it impossible or difficult to carry through an arrangement, the Organiser shall be entitled to remove in whole or in part the arrangement to another time or to cancel the agreement and the Organiser shall not be liable to pay compensation to the exhibitor or be bound to reimburse the rental paid.
Each registered exhibitor is entitled to a complimentary allocation of exhibitor badges which are provided on a pro-rata basis. The following rules apply to all Exhibitor badge registrations:
- Badges must be displayed at all times when present on Congress premises.
- Ophthalmologists must hold the appropriate delegate registration (not Exhibitor).
- Badge swapping and/or sharing of badges is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated. All attendees must carry valid photographic identification while on Congress premises, which must be presented if requested. Failure to provide appropriate photographic identification, which corresponds to the badge being displayed, will result in badges being confiscated and persons being escorted from the venue.
Companies found to be engaging in practices which contravene the regulations will incur booth space allocation penalties for future meetings and will forfeit all booth space Priority Points. It is the responsibility of each Exhibiting Company to ensure that each person registered for an Exhibitor badge under their company name is aware of all regulations governing Exhibitor badge registration.
All exhibitors will be listed in the Final Programme, provided booth space has been reserved and paid in full before the programme goes to print. The Final Programme will be distributed to attendees at the Congress.
Exhibitors may also submit a company listing (100 words) and logo for inclusion on the Virtual Exhibition which will be displayed on the ESCRS website and on the congress app. Details must be submitted via the ERC.
The Organiser is not responsible for errors or omissions in the Final Programme or on the Virtual Exhibition and all submissions are subject to the deadlines stated on the ERC.
Special arrangements, if any, between the Organiser and the Exhibitor which are not included in the agreement shall only be binding when accepted in writing by the Organiser.