CALLING ALL TRAINEES – WE WANT YOUR VIDEOS
Young Ophthalmologists Programme
Deadline 2 December 2019
The Young Ophthalmologists Programme in Marrakech will include video cases submitted by Young Ophthalmologists and discussed with the audience in a lively interactive session.
Terms & Conditions
- You must send an abstract with your video including:
- Full name
- Affiliation (where the video case was recorded)
- Topic (from the list below which your video relates to)
- Brief description of your case
- When describing the video in your abstract please highlight the most interesting part of your video keeping in mind the topic you have chosen to submit your video in
- Please submit your videos for consideration on the following topics:
- A The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 cases
- All video submissions must be surgical
- Only one video author per video submission is permitted
- If your video is accepted for presentation, you are thereby giving permission for the video to be shown during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme at the 24th ESCRS Winter Meeting Marrakech 2020.
- You will also need to be a registered delegate and pay the appropriate fees for the Winter Meeting and be present during the Young Ophthalmologists Programme on Friday 21 February 2020. There are reduced registration fees for trainees
- Failure to present without prior notice to the Programme Committee may influence future acceptance of videos in the Young Ophthalmologists Programme
1. One of my first operations
2. Tackling more risky cases
You must ensure to choose a theme from the options given. All videos and abstracts will be reviewed, graded and accepted or rejected by members of the ESCRS Programme Committee. The decision of the committee is final. This year the most educational video will be awarded a bursary of €750 and complimentary registration for the Marrakech Meeting. The winner will be contacted in December.
All Submitted Videos must be edited as follows:
- The video footage should be one of your first 50-100 cases
- The high resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration highlighting your chosen topic
- Once your video is cut to no more than 3 minutes there should be no editing to the section of video you have chosen to submit
- The recommended resolution is: Full HD (1920x1080)
- Presentation slides, sound, or grafts are NOT permitted in the video
- Do not use fast forward in your video
- Do not write anything on the video including titles or comments
How to Submit Your Video:
- Send your video files to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your name, video title, affiliation, , the topic your video relates to and a brief description of the case.
- The high resolution video should be cut to maximum 3 minutes in duration,highlighting your chosen topic. If your video file is very large please submit using https://www.wetransfer.com/
- (Simply ‘Add files’, add the above email address and in the ‘message section’ Identify your name, the topic your name, video title, affiliation, the topic your video relates to and a brief description of the case)