Rules and Regulations
The Organiser is the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS). The Exhibitor is the company that completes and submits the application for booth space. All communications regarding exhibition space must be channelled through the ESCRS Exhibition Department and orders for exhibition space will only be accepted online via the Amsterdam Exhibitor Resource Centre (ERC).
Booth Space Rental
The rate per square metre in the exhibition area is € 800 (plus VAT if applicable) and this covers the cost of booth space only. Technical information and details of shell schemes, furniture and other services will be available online via the Amsterdam ERC to all registered Exhibitors from March 2020. By completing the online booth space registration process you are entering into a contract with ESCRS so please note all cancellation policies carefully.
Terms of Payment
25% Booth space deposit due by 14 February 2020.
75% Booth space balance payment due by 31 March 2020
In the event that full payment has not been received by 31 March 2020, the Organiser reserves the right to re-allocate booth space and apply the cancellation policy.
The Exhibitor shall undertake to pay to ESCRS all costs related to the supply and provision of goods and services to the Exhibitor, and their agents, for the Exhibition. Please note that Exhibitors are responsible for their own transaction fees when submitting payments and these must be included in all payment amounts.
Notification of cancellation of booth space must be submitted to the Organiser in writing and will only be deemed accepted once written acknowledgement has been confirmed. Upon cancellation of booth space all associated services will be withdrawn, including exhibitor badges and meeting rooms.
- If notification of cancellation is received prior to 14 February 2020 no cancellation fee will apply.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 14 February 2020 but prior to 31 March 2020 a 25% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been received or not.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 31 March 2020 but prior to 31 July 2020 a 50% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been received or not.
- If notification of cancellation is received after 31 July 2020 a 100% cancellation fee will apply, regardless of whether payment has been received or not. If payment has not been received within 30 days of cancellation the outstanding amount will be charged to the credit card registered to the ERC account.
This cancellation policy also applies in the event of part cancellation or reduction of booth space.
Alterations in the Regulations
The Organiser reserves the right to alter the present regulations with immediate effect in the event that orders from the Authorities or other compelling reasons might make it necessary to do so.
Alteration of Location and Size of Booths
The Organiser shall be entitled to alter the space rented by the Exhibitor and to undertake limitations of the rented area. Such limitations can only be made against a corresponding reduction of the booth space rental but shall not render the Organiser liable to pay compensation.
Furthermore, the Organiser shall be entitled, within thirty days after the receipt of the online application and deposit, without assigning any reason and without incurring liability to damage, to cancel the lease entered into against reimbursing any booth rental paid at the time of cancellation. Exhibitors are not permitted to sublet their booth space or lend it to a third party in part or in whole. Exhibitors may not exchange booth spaces without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
All Exhibitors are required to have Public / General Liability insurance with a minimum Limit of Indemnity of 2 Million Euro in aggregate in order to participate in the Meeting and associated Exhibition. The Exhibitor shall be liable for personal injury and damage to property caused by the Exhibitor, his or her servants or agents, or by his or her equipment and activities. All Risks cover against damage and theft to the Exhibitors own property, and also to property rented/leased by the Exhibitor, shall also be arranged by each Exhibitor. Cover shall also be arranged for injury to exhibitors own employees, where applicable. Exhibitors shall ensure that any subcontractors engaged by them have similar and commercially reasonable insurances in place. It is the responsibility of each Exhibitor to ensure that they have the required insurance policies in place and the ESCRS is only responsible for damages arising from the wilful neglect of its permanent staff.
Please note: each Exhibitor is responsible for ensuring that they have the required level of insurance in place and all relevant documentation must be available for inspection on-site at the booth.
In the case of war, terrorism, immobilisation, strike, lockout, fire, regulations of the authorities or other circumstances beyond the control of the Organiser, which might render it impossible or difficult to carry through an arrangement, the Organiser shall be entitled to remove in whole or in part the arrangement to another time or to cancel the agreement and the Organiser shall not be liable to pay compensation to the exhibitor or be bound to reimburse the rental paid.
Each registered exhibitor is entitled to a complimentary allocation of exhibitor badges which are provided on a pro-rata basis. The following rules apply to all Exhibitor badge registrations:
- Badges must be displayed in clear view at all times when present on Congress premises.
- Ophthalmologists must hold the appropriate Delegate registration and may not be registered for exhibitor badges, unless direct and full-time employees of an exhibiting company. In these cases, documentation providing proof of employment will be required.
- Badge swapping and/or sharing of badges is prohibited and will not be tolerated. All attendees must carry valid photographic identification, which must be presented if requested while on Congress premises. Failure to provide appropriate photographic identification, which corresponds to the badge being displayed, will result in badges being confiscated and persons being escorted from the venue.
Companies found to be engaging in practices which contravene the regulations will incur booth space allocation penalties for future meetings and will forfeit all booth space Priority Points. It is the responsibility of each Exhibiting Company to ensure that each person registered for an Exhibitor badge under their company name is aware of all regulations governing Exhibitor badge registration.
All exhibitors will be listed in the ESCRS and EURETINA Final Programmes, provided booth space has been reserved and paid in full before the programmes go to print. The Final Programmes will be distributed to attendees at the Congresses.
Exhibitors may also submit a corporate profile (100 words) and logo for inclusion on the Virtual Exhibition which will be displayed on the ESCRS and EURETINA websites and on the official Congress apps. Details must be submitted via the Tasks section of the ERC.
The Organiser is not responsible for errors or omissions in the Final Programmes, on the Virtual Exhibition or on the official Congress apps. All submissions are subject to the deadlines stated on the ERC.
Special arrangements, if any, between the Organiser and the Exhibitor which are not included in the agreement shall only be binding when accepted in writing by the Organiser.