ESCRS Council Elections 2023
Call for Nominations
The European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons is seeking nominations from members for candidates to stand for election to the Council. There are 10 elected positions on the Council and four vacancies will arise at the Annual Congress later this year. The election will take place over the coming months to fill these positions. For an overview of the Council of Management team, please click here.
The term of office for a Council Member is four years and he/she may stand for re-election for a further four years. The ESCRS Bye Laws state that candidates must fulfil the following requirements to be eligible to stand for election:
- A candidate must be a full member* of the ESCRS for at least the immediate past three consecutive years.
- A candidate must be nominated by five other full members of the Society.
- Each full member may only nominate one person as a candidate.
- Candidates may not nominate themselves.
- Only one elected Council member is permitted from each country. Therefore, members from Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy and Portugal are not eligible for this election and cannot be nominated.
* Full membership is confined to European ophthalmologists. The World Health Organisation definition of Europe has been adopted by the Society as its official definition.
Council Members are asked to make the following voluntary commitments:
- To attend Council and Committee meetings four times a yearly
- To actively participate in the work of a committee
- To undertake specific responsibilities as assigned by the Council
- To attend all ESCRS congresses
Nominations are being accepted via the link below. If you require any assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is 03 May 2023.
The voting site will be open to all ESCRS members in June and the results will be announced during the 2023 Annual Congress in Vienna.
Burkhard Dick, ESCRS Secretary