Grant Application Information
Please read this page carefully before submitting your grant application.
The European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS) has developed a grant programme to support European trainee ophthalmologists who wish to observe clinical practice in a hospital or university setting. Awardees must be ESCRS Members. Awardees must make their own application to a suitable university or hospital centre.
The ESCRS grant is open to trainees and residents in all European countries who wish to visit a European hospital/university to observe clinical practice.
Grants are available for:
- Residents in the second half of their training programme, OR
- Fellows of age 35 years and younger that are licensed to practice and are currently subspecialising in cataract or refractive surgery
Duration – one to two weeks
40 grants will be awarded per year
Application must contain the following information:
- * Curriculum vitae (one page) and e-mail address
- * List of publications and teaching activities within the last 3 years
- * Letter of intent from applicant stating :
- - Their principal interest in cataract and/or refractive surgery
- - Perceived benefit from training outside their own country
- - Country where they intend to practice
- * Letter of support from the present head of department of their institution
Grants will be awarded based on the application documents. The decision on support will be based on the application documents and is done in a competitive process.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide a short description of their experience at the end of their observership
Applications will not be considered until all documents have been received.