Priority Points System
Exhibition space is allocated based on a Priority Points System. Not only is this system the fairest method of allocating space, it also offers a variety of avenues to promote individual companies. All exhibiting companies will be evaluated according to points earned. As corner booths and booths located close to entrances and catering points are frequently requested by companies, these spaces will be assigned according to priority points, booth size requested and height restrictions.
Points can be accrued in the priority points system through attendance at previous exhibitions, advertising in Congress programmes, advertising in the Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery and EuroTimes, and through a variety of sponsorship options including sponsoring EuroTimes Satellite Education Meetings, sponsorship involvement in wetlabs and sponsorship of congress activities.
Participation in sponsorship opportunities goes towards establishing priority points for desirable space location and promoting individual companies. Sponsorship opportunities must be agreed by 31 December 2010 in order to be applicable for the 2011 Congress.
PRIORITY POINTS SYSTEM - Rules & Regulations for Annual Congress
- Exhibitor information for the following year’s Congress will be sent to companies after each Congress and the deadline for receipt of booking forms and deposits will be clearly indicated.
- Each booking form will be dated as it is received. Booking forms sent without deposits will not be accepted.
- To benefit from the Priority Points System, please ensure that you return your completed form to meet the booking deadline.
- Booth locations will be assigned in April 2011. Allocation of space will be based on the number of points earned by companies throughout the previous year.
- Where companies receive equal points and request the same amount of space, priority will be given to those companies who have exhibited at the three previous congresses. Where this applies to several companies, space will be assigned on a firstcome, first-served basis, based on the date the booking form and deposit are received at the Organisers Office.
- Where companies have no points, space will also be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, based on the date the booking form and deposit are received in the Organisers Office.
- Applications received after the closing date will be assigned exhibition space on a first-come, first-served basis, after completion of initial space assignments, regardless of a company’s priority points.
- Points cannot be carried forward from year to year.
- Points gained from the purchase of exhibition space will not be allocated to companies until the beginning of the following year, i.e. companies that have exhibited at the Paris Congress in 2010 will have earned points for the Congress in Vienna in 2011.
- Companies wishing to have adjacent or shared space must submit their requests on the official exhibition reservation form.
- Please note that requests for placement away from other exhibiting companies may limit positioning of booths. Please remember to put your requests to be located away from or next to other companies on the official reservation online form as it may not be possible to move booth position at a later stage