Barcelona 2015 Programme Registration Glaucoma Day 2015 Exhibition Virtual Exhibition Satellite Meetings Hotel Booking Star Alliance
ISTANBUL escrs









Take a look inside the London 2014 Congress

video-icon

Then register to join us
in Barcelona!





Posters

Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)

A prospective evaluation of the rotational stability of the Tecnis Toric intraocular lens

Poster Details

First Author: L.Ong-Tone CANADA

Co Author(s):                        

Abstract Details

Purpose:

To determine the rotational stability of the Tecnis Toric intraocular lens after cataract surgery.

Setting:

Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Methods:

Between January and August 2014, patients having cataract surgery with insertion of a toric intraocular lens were recruited into the study. Pre-operative assessment included measurements with the IOL Master, Oculus Pentacam and Nidek OPD 3. The power and axis of the toric lens were obtained from the AMO online calculator. Prior to surgery, the cornea was marked with an AXsys one step marker. Post-operative visits were on day 1, week 1, months 2 and 6. At each visit, the orientation of the lens was determined by obtaining a Retro image through the dilated pupil using the Nidek OPD 3.

Results:

There was a total of 58 eyes . On the first postoperative visit, 3 lenses (5.8%) showed no rotation, 25 (48%) had rotated between 1 and 5 degrees, 11 (21.2%) had rotated between 6-10 degrees, 10 (19.2%) had rotated between 11-25 degrees and 3 (5.8%) had rotated more than 30 degrees. Between the first and second postoperative visits, 12 lenses (26%) showed no rotation, 30 (65.2%) had rotated between 1-5 degrees and 4 (8.7%) had rotated between 6-10 degrees. Between the second and third visits, 24 lenses (53.3%) showed no rotation. The remaining 21 (46.7%) had rotated between 1-5 degrees.

Conclusions:

In this study most of the rotation of the Tecnis Toric intraocular lens occured between the time the patient left the operating room and the first post-operative visit. The lens appeared to rotate very little subsequent to this.

Financial Disclosure:

NONE

Back to Poster listing