Barcelona 2015 Programme Registration Glaucoma Day 2015 Exhibition Virtual Exhibition Satellite Meetings Hotel Booking Star Alliance
ISTANBUL escrs









Take a look inside the London 2014 Congress

video-icon

Then register to join us
in Barcelona!





Long-term retinal complications of high myopia after implantation of the visian phakic implantable collamer lens

Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)

Session Details

Session Title: Phakic IOLs II

Session Date/Time: Tuesday 08/09/2015 | 14:00-16:00

Paper Time: 15:21

Venue: Room 17

First Author: : X.Wang CHINA

Co Author(s): :    X. Zhou   X. Zhang                 

Abstract Details

Purpose:

To evaluate long-term retinal complications in high myopes after Visian implantable collamer lenses (ICL) implantation.

Setting:

Department of Ophthalmology,Eye & ENT Hospital of fudan University,Shanghai ,China

Methods:

This is a retrospective, observational, non-comparative clinical study that evaluated 1239 consecutive myopes(2245 eyes) who underwent ICL implantation at the Department of Ophthalmology, EYE & ENT Hospital of Fudan University ,Shanghai China between March 2007 and March 2015. Follow up ranged from 3 months to 90 months. Postoperative patients evaluation included manifest and cycloplegic refractions, UCVA and BCVA, slit-lamp biomicroscopy, intraocular pressure, axis length, endothelial cell desity and dilated retinal examination, corneal topography,, anterior chamber depth and WTW. Retinal diseases and complications were recorded and analyzed preoperatively and postoperatively.

Results:

Postoperatively, 9 (0.40%) eyes had retinal detachment (RRD) including 6 eyes of traumatic retinal detachment. 11 eyes(0.49%) had macular hemorrhage The overall retinal complication rate post-ICL was 0.89%. Patients with extreme high myopia ( over -20D,or axis lenth >29mm) had high risk of retinal complications. Although retina were reattached in all eyes after proper surgeries, BCVA were decline from 2-6 lines. Macular hemorrhage were absorbed in 9 eyes, but only 2 eye's BCVA recovered totally.

Conclusions:

Posterior retinal complications are rare after ICL implantation but can threaten the visual acuity. Dilated vitreoretinal assessment is important during the follow-up examination procedure. Patients with extreme high myopia ( over -20D,or axis length;29mm) had high risk of retinal complications.

Financial Interest:

NONE

Back to previous