Amsterdam 2013 Programme Satellite Meetings Registration Exhibition Virtual Exhibition Hotels Visa Letter Invitation
Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)
Back to Freepaper Session

Clinical and functional results of correction of mixed astigmatism by FemtoLASIK with Standard SCA method of ablation

Session Details

Session Title: LASIK

Session Date/Time: Wednesday 09/10/2013 | 08:00-10:30

Paper Time: 09:58

Venue: Auditorium (First Floor)

First Author: : M.Mirishova AZERBAIJAN

Co Author(s): :    A. Sultanova              

Abstract Details


To evaluate the clinical and the functional results of correction of mixed astigmatism by method Femto - Lasik with the method of ablation Standart SCA Treatment Method.


National Ophthalmology Center named after acad. Z.Aliyeva, Azerbaijan.


FEMTO-LASIK surgery was performed on 48 eyes (27 patients) with ablation Standart SCA Treatment Method on the eximer laser MEL 80 (Zeiss, Germany), corneal flap was formed on the femtosecond laser VisuMax (Zeiss, Germany), preoperative calculations were conducted on the unit CRS-Master (Zeiss, Germany). The thickness of the flap in all patients was 90-100 microns. Corneal flap diameter - 8.80 mm. Cutting angle of the flap - 70 degrees. Position of the flap hinge - supperior. Next corneal stroma was ablated by Standart SCA Treatment Method by eximer laser MEL 80 (Zeiss, Germany). In planning the operation zone of ablation in all patients was 6.2 mm. Residual stromal thickness was on average 320 ± 5,6 mm.


All patients underwent a complete postoperative follow-up at 1, 6 and 12 months. 1 month after surgery, were observed the following results: visual acuity with correction 0,8 ± 0,3; sferoequialent of refraction -0,75 ± 0,15; a cylindrik component 0,75 ± 0,35; thickness of the flap 98.60 ± 5.82 microns; the thickness of residual stroma 320 ± 6,2 microns. Preoperative astigmatism ranged from -3.00 to -5.50 diopters (D). 1 month after the surgery, a total of 41 (85.5%) eyes showed no significant residual astigmatism (<0,50 D), the remaining 7 (14.5%) eyes showed a residual astigmatism from -0.50 to -1,00 D. Residual negative sferoiquialent was recorded at 3 eyes in 3 patients. On the remaining 45 (93.75%) eyes achieved the target refraction.


Postoperative refraction remained unchanged throughout the observation period in all patients. Conclusions: All the studied parameters remained stable throughout the all period of observation. The studies have shown that the use of the technique Femto - Lasik together with the method of ablation Standart SCA Treatment Method, is the best technology in the keratorefractive surgery, and allow to obtain better results in the treatment of mixed astigmatism.

Financial Interest:


loading Please wait while information is loading.