London 2014 Registration Visa Letters Programme Satellite Meetings Glaucoma Day 2014 Exhibition Hotel Booking Virtual Exhibition Star Alliance
london escrs

Course handouts are now available
Click here


Come to London

video-icon

WATCH to find out why


Site updates:

Programme Updates. Programme Overview and - Video Symposium on Challenging Cases now available.


Posters

Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)

One-year results of CyPass Micro-Stent implantation in conjunction with phacoemulsification in Madrid, Spain

Poster Details

First Author: J.García Feijoo SPAIN

Co Author(s):    J. Martínez de la Casa              

Abstract Details



Purpose:

To assess the safety and clinical outcomes of an ab interno supraciliary implant (CyPass Micro-Stent, Transcend Medical, Inc., Menlo Park, CA, USA) in patients with open-angle glaucoma (OAG) undergoing cataract surgery.

Setting:

Prospective, interventional consecutive case series in a single center.

Methods:

The CyPass Micro-Stent was implanted immediately following lens implantation through the same corneal incision into the supraciliary space using an ab interno approach. Intraocular pressure (IOP)-lowering medications were discontinued following the procedure. Depending on each subject's IOP target, medications were re-introduced at the investigator's discretion. Main outcomes were adverse events, IOP changes, and number of IOP-lowering medications.

Results:

Eyes (n=22) were enrolled in a single-site. All micro-stents were successfully implanted in the supraciliary space. There were no sight-threatening or major complications. At baseline (n=22), subjects had a mean ± SD IOP of 19.8 ± 5.3 mmHg on a mean ± SD of 1.9 ± 0.5 IOP-lowering medications. By 12 M (n=18), mean ± SD IOP was 16.8 ± 2.0 mmHg, on 0.2 ± 0.4 mean medications. At baseline, 82% of subjects were on 2 or more medications. At 12 M, 78% of subjects were on 0 medications, while the remaining 22% were on 1 medication, with no subjects on 2 or 3 medications.

Conclusions:

Implantation of the CyPass Micro-Stent in combination with cataract surgery results in minimal complications and reduction of IOP and IOP-lowering medications at 12M postoperatively. By reducing dependence on medications, the CyPass Micro-Stent has the potential to address challenging adherence issues many glaucoma patients face. FINANCIAL INTEREST: One of more of the authors... research is funded, fully or partially, by a company producing, developing or supplying the product or procedure presented, One of more of the authors... research is funded, fully or partially, by a competing company

Back to Poster listing