London 2014 Registration Visa Letters Programme Satellite Meetings Glaucoma Day 2014 Exhibition Hotel Booking Virtual Exhibition Star Alliance
london escrs

Course handouts are now available
Click here


Come to London

video-icon

WATCH to find out why


Site updates:

Programme Updates. Programme Overview and - Video Symposium on Challenging Cases now available.


Posters

Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)

Comparison of outcome of early 25g sutureless vitrectomy versus intravitreal injections in endophthalmitis

Poster Details

First Author: D.Kar INDIA

Co Author(s):                  

Abstract Details



Purpose:

To compare the effectiveness of early 25g sutureless vitrectomy and intravitreal injections on visual acuity in case of post cataract surgery endophthalmitis. Complications were also evaluated

Setting:

Kar's Eye Hospital, Mumbai, India

Methods:

50 patients of post catarct surgery endophthalmitis were randomly divided into 2 groups with visual acuity better than hand movements. One group were given intravitreal injections of vancomycin, cefuroxime & dexamethasone & other group underwent immediate 25g sutureless vitrectomy followed by intravitreal injections. A/c tap and vitreous tap were done in all the patients and staining and culture was done

Results:

In group one out of 25 patients only 5(20%) patients improved. Remaining 20 patients (80%) underwent vitrectomy after 48 hrs. The difference in mean visual acuity at the end of one month in two group is statistical significant (p<0.5)

Conclusions:

Early 25g sutureless vitrectomy followed by intravitreal injection is better way of treating devastating complication of catarct surgery with better visual recovery FINANCIAL INTEREST: NONE

Back to Poster listing