London 2014 Registration Visa Letters Programme Satellite Meetings Glaucoma Day 2014 Exhibition Hotel Booking Virtual Exhibition Star Alliance
london escrs

Course handouts are now available
Click here


Come to London

video-icon

WATCH to find out why


Site updates:

Programme Updates. Programme Overview and - Video Symposium on Challenging Cases now available.


Posters

Search Abstracts by author or title
(results will display both Free Papers & Poster)

Evaluation of endocapsular hooks and different types of Cionni capsular rings in managing severely subluxated lenses during phacoemulsification

Poster Details

First Author: A.Ghoneim EGYPT

Co Author(s):                  

Abstract Details



Purpose:

To evaluate the use of both endocapsular hooks with different types of ciooni rings ,when to implant ,how to fixate and complication happened in different situation when used in cases with severely sublaxated lenses during phacoemulsification.

Setting:

Tanta University,Ophthalmology department.Egypt

Methods:

Patient were examined intaoperatively and postoperatively after 1 day,1week 1 month and 6 months. At each visit capsular bag integrity and capsular bag contraction were reported and evaluated,Endocapsular hooks intraoperative performance were also evaluated, different type of ciooni capsular rings were also evaluated intra and postoperatively,anterior segment ultrasound biomicroscopy [UBM]was done 1week ,1month and 3 months.

Results:

36 eyes (75%) had an improvement in uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) with the remaining 12 eye (25%) were having retinal problem and or optic nerve affection ,anterior vitrectomy was required at 18 cases 37.5% with no eye presented with pseudophacodinesis during the follow up period.

Conclusions:

Endocapsular Hooks and different types of cionni capsular rings is good solution in Managing Severely sublaxated lenses during phacoemulsification. FINANCIAL INTEREST: NONE

Back to Poster listing