Copenhagen 2016 Registration Programme Exhibitor Information Virtual Exhibition Satellite Meetings Glaucoma Day 2016 Hotel Star Alliance
title

10 - 14 Sept. 2016, Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark

This Meeting has been awarded 27 CME credits

 

escrs app advert yo advert

Refractive surgery in teenagers aged 16 to 18 years old

Search Title by author or title

Session Details

Session Title: Presented Poster Session: Keratorefractive Surgery Outcomes: Myopia

Session Date/Time: Saturday 10/09/2016 | 15:00-16:30

Paper Time: 15:40

Venue: Poster Village: Pod 2

First Author: : A.Kopylov RUSSIA

Co Author(s): :    I. Syrykh              

Abstract Details

Purpose:

To study the efficacy of the refractive surgery performed in teenagers aged 16 to 18 years old and associated with the occupational indications.

Setting:

The Academician S.N. Fyodorov FSАI IRTC “Eye Microsurgery” Tambov branch, Tambov, Russia

Methods:

We analyzed the outcomes of 183 refractive surgeries in 93 patients with stable myopia aged 16 to 18 years old. The degree of myopia: mild – 81 eyes, average – 86 eyes, high – 15 eyes. Type of surgery: photorefractive keratectomy (PRK) – 8, LASIK – 139, Femto LASIK – 36. All operations were performed according to standard techniques.

Results:

The follow-up period was 3 to 7 years. In 100% of cases the best-corrected visual acuity was achieved (in 93.5% - 0.9-1.0, in the rest of 6.5% - 0.7-0.8 in the presence of initial amblyopia) within the whole follow-up period. According to the results, the indications/contraindications for the surgery were determined in this age group.

Conclusions:

Laser refractive surgery in the present age group is effective for correcting myopia and provides stable results.

Financial Disclosure:

NONE

Back to previous